Hair Loss in men & Treatment
Losing 5 to 6 hair strands a day during combing, showering or scratching your scalp on a daily basis can leave the unimaginable patch in your head than you thought. Hair loss is a critical condition and also complicated in both men and women. One way to rightly tackle hair loss is diagnosing the type of hair loss and getting the right treatment.
What causes hair loss in Men?
The causes differ from one man to another. It can be a combination of factors or a single cause of hair loss. Here are some of the causes
- Genetics- Once you see that our father or grandparents suffer from hair loss, it may be coming to you
- Poor habits- If you are a smoker, harbor stress for a long time, have poor eating habits and do not take care of the hair in a proper manner, hair loss may occur
- Trauma- this can be psychological, physical in the case of a dangerous accident, burns, and surgery
- Treatments- such as chemotherapy and radiation
- Diseases- like skin disorders, leprosy, and herpes
Kinds of Hair loss
There are five types of hair loss that occur in men, namely;
This autoimmune condition leaves patches and to a greater extent, causes total loss of hair. It is subdivided into
Alopecia Totalis where the scalp loses all the hair and it is not easily treated with therapy, Alopecia Universalis where there is total loss of hair on the whole body and Alopecia monolocularis
This type of hair loss is complicated both in diagnosing and treating. It is also a dangerous type of hair loss where the hair follicles become dead from the inside.
This is a common type of hair loss and, usually, hair starts with thinning around the temples and then gradually accelerates to the nearby regions.
This happens under stress, anxiety, or nervous, where one’s hair falls out when he pulls it.
The diagnosis procedure
- One can see a specialist to determine the type of hair loss one is experiencing. A proper examination of the scalp will be performed
- The medical history or the role of genetics is looked at
- A Biopsy, tests like thyrotropin levels are determined
- The lifestyle is observed
Hair loss Treatment in Men
Treatment depends on the type of hair loss and whether one is a suitable candidate for a hair transplant surgery. Hair transplant in India is becoming the commonest way of stopping hair loss in men. The procedure is performed by an experienced surgeon and his team where hair follicles are harvested from the donor area and then transplanted into the bald region.
The procedure is performed under general or local anaesthesia and it is an outpatient procedure. It is a surgery and one will have to be well informed about the pros and cons of the procedure plus the possible outcomes
Nonsurgical treatments like PRP therapy and Finasteride and Minoxidil are available for those affected by hair loss.
You can meet the experts at ASG hair transplant centre for a thorough consultation procedure. Hair transplant procedures after a general examination produce natural and permanent results.