The procedure of hair transplant is the most effective way to deal with hair loss. Well, there are 2 methods in which the treatment can be done which include FUT and FUE.
- In the FUT procedure, a strip of hair is taken from the back of the scalp (donor area).
Just keep in mind when you plan to get the surgery of Hair Transplant in Punjab to choose the best surgeon. Their skills and experience will help to see the desired results on time.
- The long-term donor hair supply will depend on the laxity (loose) scalp skin and determining how many hair are there per square centimeter of donor scalp.
- Under the high-powered microscope, the strip will be placed. The surgical team will divide the grafts into individual follicular units which are usually of 1 to 4 hairs. Until the grafts are not transplanted they are placed in storage solution of chilled tissue.
- After transplanting the grafts, the donor area is stitched and covered with the surrounding hair. Around 10 to 14 days of surgery, the stitches will be removed. In the donor area, there will be a linear scar that will heal with time.
Benefits of FUT
- Patients who need a large number of grafts
FUT yields a higher number of grafts which means maximum fullness will be achieved by undergoing the hair restoration procedure.
- Shaving of the whole head is not needed
With FUT procedure you can keep the hair long which also helps in hiding the linear scar.
- The surgery takes less time
Depending on the patient’s case the surgery takes around 4 to 12 hours.
- In the FUT procedure, from the donor area, the hair grafts are taken one by one. The grafts are transplanted individually by using a 0.8mm to 1mm ‘punch’.
- The procedure is carried out manually or with the help of a motorized surgical tool.
- Following the procedure, there will be tiny dot scars on the scalp which are not visible with the naked eye. With time, the hair in the back of the scalp will be thinned out.
- The procedure takes more time to perform as compared to FUT.
Benefits of FUE
- Can wear hair short
With this procedure, the scarring is minimal which means you get to wear your hair short. The patient can keep the haircut of number 1 or number 2. It is even possible to wear a haircut as number 0.
- No linear scar
The FUE procedure does not leave a linear scar on the scalp. The hair grafts are taken individually which leaves tiny dots like scar on the scalp which are noticeable with the naked eye.
Recovering from the procedures
- FUT leads to soreness and scans on the incision site. Also, the physical activity needs to be limited after the procedure so that complications can be prevented.
- Recovering from FUE is quite easy and painless also. Returning to physical activity is possible within a few weeks.